Overview of Recirculate
Newfangled Audio Recirculate stands out in the crowded market of audio plugins. It perfectly balances simplicity for beginners and depth for seasoned pros. At its core, Recirculate offers a range of intuitive and powerful features.
- Grid Steps/Milliseconds: This allows for precise delay timing, catering to both rhythmic and ambient needs.
- Tempo Sync and Snap: Essential for ensuring that your delays are in perfect harmony with your track’s tempo.
- Mixer Section: A straightforward yet versatile mixer that includes dry/wet controls and unique feedback options.
Recirculate’s design philosophy is about giving users control without overwhelming them. It’s a plugin that invites exploration but doesn’t demand it, making it suitable for a wide range of users.
In-Depth Look at Key Features
Delay Beat Section
This section is where Recirculate truly shines. You can manipulate the first echo and subsequent repeats independently, offering a plethora of rhythmic possibilities. This feature alone sets Recirculate apart from many other delay plugins.
- Transient Control: This is a game-changer. You can accentuate or diminish the transients within the delay, adding a new dimension to your sound.
- Compression and Ducking: These tools are invaluable for creating space in your mix, ensuring that your delays don’t overpower the original signal.
Here, you can infuse your delays with personality. The drive and distortion options are not just add-ons; they are integral to shaping the character of your delays.
- Drive Types: From subtle warmth to aggressive distortion, the drive section offers a spectrum of tonal colors.
- Noise and Texture: Add analog warmth or digital grit to your delays, making them sit perfectly in your mix.
Sound Stage and Filters
This section adds spatial depth to your delays. With options like spreader, chorus, and reverb, you can create delays that are not just repeats but evolving soundscapes.
The built-in filters in Recirculate are both flexible and musical. They allow you to shape the tonality of your delays, ensuring they complement the rest of your mix.
Practical Applications and Examples
In my video, I demonstrated Recirculate using a rhythm guitar track. The plugin’s ability to transform a simple guitar part into a rhythmic masterpiece was nothing short of impressive. The versatility of the delay beat and dynamics sections played a crucial role in this transformation.
Vocal Track Demonstration
Using Recirculate on vocals opened up a world of creative possibilities. From subtle echoes that add depth to a vocal performance to wild, rhythmic delays that create a completely new texture, Recirculate handled it all with ease.
The preset menus in Recirculate are a treasure trove of inspiration. They offer a starting point for exploration, allowing you to tweak and tailor the sound to your liking.
Conclusion and Personal Thoughts
Recirculate by Newfangled Audio is not just another delay plugin; it’s a creative tool that invites exploration and experimentation. Its balance of simplicity and depth makes it suitable for both beginners and seasoned professionals.
As a mixing and mastering engineer, I appreciate tools that inspire creativity while delivering exceptional sound quality. Recirculate does just that. It’s a testament to Newfangled Audio’s commitment to innovation and quality in the world of audio plugins.
Your Thoughts? I’d love to hear your experiences with Recirculate. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
Need Mixing and Mastering? Don’t hesitate to reach out if you’re looking for professional mixing and mastering services. You’ll also find my courses and presets here, designed to help you elevate your music production skills.