I love using External Hardware with PreSonus Studio One 4. The Pipeline plugin makes it super easy.
In studio one 4 they released Pipeline XT which improves upon the already great plugin. New features include:
- Automatic latency compensation: instead of sending a “ping” through the external effects processor and adjusting the delay manually, you can now simply click the “Auto” button after setting up the send and return connections, and the latency will be measured and compensated automatically.
- • The maximum delay has been increased from 5,000 samples to 32,000 samples
- It now supports mono sends and returns so you can save a hardware insert.
- A notepad to write notes about hardware settings.
- The ability to take a picture of your external hardware to make recall easy.
All these new features are so helpful to me. I use to use two other plugins to do this, so that was a total of 3 plugins on my chain taking up space! Now it’s all in one plugin with the Pipeline.
In the video below I show you how to set up external hardware and use the new Pipeline XT. Make sure to check it out, and if you have any questions leave them in the comments below!